Finally have an idea for sculpture!

After over three weeks of brooding over an idea for a project, I finally have one! EUREKA.

Thought process:

+ Last week, when I was asked what I'm thinking of doing for sculpture, I reflexively said "Giving objects motion which do not inherently have motion"

+ I ended up making a stupid miserable elephant which was completely irrelephant (Pun intended) to the project.

+ So I went home and thought "How will I elaborate on this?". Making saggy looking stuff would be difficult, since I'd have to make something like a tea cup then distort it. I'll leave that stuff to Dali and his clocks.

+ I then thought about representing movement with still stuff. I imagined making a model of a person and then distorting them so lines come out of the back of them like they're being blown by the wind. Then I realized how difficult that was.

+ In frustration, I nearly threw my cup of tea at the wall (But I didn't - that would be a waste of tea). This then gave me an idea. I could make models of stuff smashing. I imagined making a cast of my hand, then breaking it, then reattaching it with metal wires to make it look like it floated.

HELL YEAH.

No comments:

Post a Comment